Short Break at Paris

Tuesday, July 18, 2006


I take some time off last week, been to Prague then Paris. Friends was asking how was the Paris trip, so I post my Paris photos first. Spent 3 days 2 nights in Paris.

I must say, Paris is too commercialize, not really my type of place, it's a city after all. Language is another problem for me. Most French don't speak English, not very tourist friendly... Even the Resturant's menu in French.. too bad, I didn't try any serious French cuisine due to that.

I don't like to travel in summer, the weather was too hot.

When travel to western european country, there isn't many thing that I can do. Just visit to museum, church and monument.


Arc De Triomphe l'Etoile

Fountain at Place de la Concorde

Jardin Des Tuileries

Basilique du Sacré-Coeur de Montmartre

The view from Montmartre

The legendary Moulin Rouge

Place De La Republique
(The stature is Napoleon I)

Fountain in front of the Centre Pompidou

Palais Du Luxembourg

Notre Dame

Hôtel National des Invalides

Use the stair case to go up Eiffel Tower
This picture taken from 1st floor, 8:30pm

The sun set very late, probably 10:30pm

View from 2nd floor of Eiffel Tower

The city start to be lovely after sunset

View of Champ De Mars from 2nd floor of eiffel tower

Seine

France celebrating Bastille Day on 14th July, fireworks at Eiffel Tower area

Christmas Tree?

Tour Eiffel is gorgeous at night

Musée d'Orsay at night

I think this is the most beautiful of Paris, Musée du Louvre

My last day in Paris, the weather was hot, lazy to go out.
Spend a day in Louvre Museum, met Mona Lisa (by Leonardo da Vinci), Venus de Milo (probably by Alexandros of Antioch) and many more


Food is what I've missed off, due to language problem. This is one of my meal.
Duck pâté as starter

Main course is half chicken in french tarragon sauce

Dessert is Chocolate Mousse

Posted by whistler at 9:24 PM  

10 comments:

lovely lovely pixs

Reta said...
7/18/2006 10:11 PM  

thanks ;)

whistler said...
7/18/2006 10:14 PM  

Wow! Looks good. Too bad u did not try the pastry shops in Paris - they have a few yummy ones.

boo_licious said...
7/19/2006 4:57 AM  

d 'christmas tree' looks beautiful oh! hmm.....d night views in Paris must b vr nice :) anyway, if that place is too commercialize, going everywhere also $$$...then no fun lor.....

Anonymous said...
7/19/2006 2:22 PM  

boo_licious: oh ya, their pastry not bad. I did try few, can't remember the name, and certainly didn't snap any picture. ;)

whistler said...
7/19/2006 4:30 PM  

rachel: Actually I want to mean it's "too city". Just like you walk on the street in KL, shop is everywhere and most of the shop are not interesting. :p

whistler said...
7/19/2006 4:32 PM  

looks like you covered all the major sights...
looking forward to your prague photos :)

jasmine said...
7/24/2006 8:59 PM  

Musée du Louvre... found any secret inside? (Da Vinci code..)

mh said...
7/30/2006 6:44 PM  

nice nice nice! Thx for sharing

Unknown said...
8/02/2006 11:46 AM  

nice views... :)

no english in french? arghh...

eat french toast, french fries... :p

Anonymous said...
9/11/2006 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment