My New Gadget - Part 2

Thursday, August 24, 2006

You think I'm going to talk about mobile phone in "New Gadget Part 2"? Wrong! I want to show another new toy of mine, a virtual laser keyboard (VKB)!

My boss in London bought me this toy, as a gift for visiting London office. VKB uses both infrared and laser technology, the laser beam project a full size virtual QWERT keyboard and infrared sensor key pressed. Cool right!?


The keyboard size slightly shorter than a mentos fresh mint box, easy to carry.

VKB uses bluetooth to connect to devices, it work with PC, Macintosh, PDA and Smartphones. To me, this is a very cool gadget, but impractical. It does has key press sound when a key is press, but still, why do I need to use this Virtual Keyboard? I can't type as fast (and precise) as a normal keyboard.


Technorati Tags:

Posted by whistler at 10:41 AM  

7 comments:

It is cool. And cool is good even though it is impractical :)

So when will you allow me to play with it? You can connect the keyboard to your phone?

kokwai said...
8/24/2006 4:23 PM  

No, it doesn't connect to my phone. I work for Symbian OS, PocketPC, Windows Mobile, Embeded Linux PDA and Smartphone only.

Come back, I'll show you.

whistler said...
8/25/2006 12:12 AM  

AH!!!!!! When I saw that...i think a year ago.. i was like WAY COOl!!!!!!!

teckiee said...
8/25/2006 10:24 AM  

Cool man!!...... When i went to Aus for business, i only got a chocolate as a gift.....#@$@#$ =D

Anonymous said...
8/25/2006 11:24 AM  

teckiee: Yes, it's damn cool. I saw one shop in MidValley selling this VKB. I didn't ask for the price, must be damn expensive. Anyway, I doubt many people will want this, not very practical for a PC user.

anonymous: No worry, chocolate may be more practical than VKB :p

whistler said...
8/25/2006 12:26 PM  

wow....cool gadget! Any idea how much it cost in Malaysia Ringgit a?

Unknown said...
8/28/2006 2:25 PM  

I have no idea, it's available in the Mid Valley IT mall, one of the PDA shop at the entrance there. I think it could easily cost more than RM500

whistler said...
8/28/2006 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment