Thursday, April 13, 2006
Today I’m going blog something different, a recipe! I was craving for something sweet, so decided to make a Tiramisu!
I do have few Tiramisu recipes on hand, all have slightly differe in ingredients. Some is using egg white; some is using egg yolk; some is not using egg at all. I don't know which is the most original Tiramisu recipe, thus I choose one of the simplest I have.
2 Egg Yolks
1 teaspoon Gelatine
250g Mascarpone Cheese
150g Whip topping cream
150ml Warm Water
4 teaspoons Instance Coffee Powder
2 teaspoons Kahlua (or any coffee liquer)
6 pieces Lady Fingers (Sponge Fingers)
Clockwise from the top left: Mascarpone Cheese, Lady Fingers (Sponge Fingers), Ingredients for Coffee Syrups (Kahlua, instant coffee powder, sugar), Gelatine.
- Whip the whipping cream and set a side for later use (keep in fridge)
- Whisk (A) over a pan of simmering water until it thickens.
- Mix (B) and place over a pot of hot water. Stir until gelatine dissolves. Add it into (A) and mix until well blended. Set aside to cool for a while.
- Beat (C) until smooth. Fold it into the above mixture and mix until well blended.
- Fold in whipped cream (D) and mix until well combined. (Caution: Fold it lightly or else you will spoil the texture!)
- Mix ingredient (E) to make coffee syrups. Let it cool down.
- Cut the lady fingers into sections.
- Prepare 6 serving glasses (or any container you want to keep the tiramisu). Fill the glasses with some cheese filling. Dip the lady fingers into coffee syrups and place it on the cheese filling. Fill some more cheese filling and top with soaked lady fingers. Top it with cheese filling and refrigerate until firm (forgot to snap photo for this step).
- Remove from the fridge and dust with cocoa powder.
Technorati Tags: Tiramisu