Charms Cafe @ The Curve

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Joan has a post on Little Penang last week, I was tempted after I read her post.

So I went to Fitness First The Curve today and hope to pop up at Little Penang after my workout. It was quite late after my exercise, Little Penang is closed for afternoon break.. Damn, it's Sunday why they want a afternoon break?!

Anyway got to hunt for other food. I found this Charms Cafe, it looks nice and the photos on their menu look delicious, so we decided to give a try.



This is what we ordered:

Charms Laksa (RM10.90)


Green Curry Noodles RM9.90


Cendol (RM2.50)

Ice Kacang (RM4.00)
What's the different between Cendol? It look almost the same!


Frankly, I"m quite disappointed with Charms, the actual food look so different from the menu. The charms laksa gravy taste ok though, but no much side dishes, only serve with 3 small pieces of chicken. Green curry noodles not my kind of food, dont' like it. Cendol and Ice Kacang are worse than those you can get in any foodcourt.


Lot G38, Ground Floor
Asian Courtyard, The Curve
Mutiara Damansara
47800 Petaling Jaya
Tel: 03-7728 2206

Technorati Tags:

Posted by whistler at 11:55 PM  

8 comments:

This must be new and a branch from the one in 1U. Ok, so I shld strike this off my list to eat in the Curve. Saw there is a new Chinese place at the Curve near Kim Gary but really had no time tday as we zipped past the Curve, Ikano and Ikea today.

boo_licious said...
3/27/2006 3:44 AM  

I've tried once at 1U, their Vietnamese Coffee (If I'm not mistaken) and their Fried Chee Cheong Fun. Chee Cheong Fun is quite special, taste ok.

mh said...
3/27/2006 10:51 AM  

Forgot to mention... I've also tried their grilled lamp... please avoid that, taste not good.

mh said...
3/27/2006 10:51 AM  

Looks crappy, was never tempted...RM11 for noodles? Can get outside for for RM3 and MUCH better.

I never understand why people pay those prices for local noodles..stupid if you ask me.

If it's Soba or Ramen or something a bit different ok I can understand..

If you are going to spend that much at least spend it on something you can't get outside like O'Briens sandwich, or something at TGIF etc..

Anonymous said...
3/28/2006 10:51 AM  

shaolintiger: you're right, it is crap. It's look nice in the menu but the real thing was disappointed. I agreed that we get better food in hawker stall with cheaper price sometime.

But then I do not agree with you on O'Briens Sandwich and TGIF. O'Briens sandwich is nice though, but I dont' think it's worth, cox I can make better sandwich than O'Briens. TGIF is simply crappy compare to chillis or other american restaurant.

whistler said...
3/28/2006 11:02 AM  

Seem like your taste is pretty high. Most of the restaurant you tried has bad review. Must try ur good review. :D

Anonymous said...
3/29/2006 2:36 PM  

jyau: well, tastebuds may vary from people to people.. I say it's suck doesn't mean it suck to everyone rite? :p

whistler said...
3/29/2006 6:07 PM  

aiyo! Wasted la! They open till 3 only i think! then resume back at 530! I've tried the charms cafe at 1U! Really dissapointing! and so expensive!

Perhaps u should go to little penang during lunch hours! =)

Mummie Joan said...
3/29/2006 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment