Pizza vs Satay @ USJ9

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I had my late dinner at Pizza vs Satay at USJ 9 yesterday night after my regular workout at FF @ Menara Summit. You know, when I first seen this restaurant, I was laughing.. what an odd name the restaurant has, "Pizza vs Satay"?? Eating pizza with satay? or Satay Pizza? whatever.. never bother to step into this restaurant at that time.

What make me step into Pizza vs Satay yesterday then? I read some reviews saying their Nasi Lemak probably is one of the best in town! This statement is convincing enuff to pay them a visit.

Great Food Served Here?

The light is warm, setting is comfortable.

You can see a lot of media has reviewed Pizza vs Satay, they frame up all the reviews from newspaper and magazine and hang on one side of the wall, I snap some of it:
Almost all the major English and Malay newspaper/magazine's food review column is on the wall, including The Star, The Edge, Berita Harian, Malay Mail, Flavours, Day & Night.. and many more. Most of the reviews talk about their nasi Lemak, due to all these, I have very high expectation to Pizza vs Satay.

This is what we have ordered:

Pizza vs Satay most famous Nasi Lemak Set
(RM7.90 with a glass of tasteless Ice Lemon Tea)


Another popular dish Satay Set - Chicken (RM6.90)


The Nasi Lemak sambal is slightly sweet, not very hot. Sambal Sotong and Rendang Ayam just normal; The rice is cooked with coconut milk, but the taste was not strong enough.

Chicken Stay, unlike satay from other places, you hardly spot any fat from the satay. The taste is ok, the kuah is average. I must say, Hj. Samuri Satay Kajang is serving better Satay than this.

Most probably I won't return to Pizza vs. Stay again. Not sure is my tastebuds different from those professional food reviewer? Or because I arrived late (~10pm) and they were not keen in serving me..

Posted by whistler at 6:37 PM  

10 comments:

Maybe how you comments about this as compare to Mdm Kwan KLCC?

mf said...
3/22/2006 6:51 PM  

Hey, we drove past this last weekend when we were at Taipan. Bf said strange name and also had a laugh when I said it serves nasi lemak.

boo_licious said...
3/22/2006 7:17 PM  

mf: Yeap, Mdm Kwan is the another one, ppl keep saying their Nasi Lemak is great but it's just normal to me. Don't you think so?

whistler said...
3/22/2006 7:38 PM  

Looks like Great Food indeed... will check it out :)

Anonymous said...
3/22/2006 8:21 PM  

haha!
what an odd name! Pizza Vs satay!
means they do serve pizza as well la? haha! funny!

anywayz the dining area looks nice!

Mummie Joan said...
3/24/2006 11:56 AM  

madam kwan is nice wat! i love their nasi bojari! comes with chicken and beef and prawns! Syok!

but quite expensive!

Mummie Joan said...
3/24/2006 11:57 AM  

joan: yeap, Pizza vs. Satay do serve western food like pizza, pasta, chicken chops and etc.
The Mdm Kwan nasi bojari is fine, nasi lemak is just normal, not worth the price you r paying for..

whistler said...
3/24/2006 12:37 PM  

their nasi lemak so-so only, same like Mdm Kwan also. I think you can find the best nasi lemak in those road side stalls, ta-pau back. Not in these restaurants.

Papi said...
3/31/2006 5:47 PM  

I've eaten there for almost 9 years now, since they were at USJ 10. Their italian dishes in my opinion has never been disappointing, with quality and price surpassing all those faux Italian restaurants like Italiannies, california pizza kitchen, etc. Never tried the nasi lemak though.

Ingrid Dients said...
9/23/2007 4:27 PM  

Hey, I just went there today for lunch. Tried the pizza. It was awesome. For more reviews check out my new blog at kelaparan.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
7/30/2008 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment