JOGOYA Kuala Lumpur Flagship store

Thursday, March 02, 2006


JOGOYA has now open in StarHill Gallery Kuala Lumpur. JOGOYA is a buffet-style restaurant originated from Taiwan, they serve over 200 dishes, including Japanese, Chinese, Western and Seafood cuisines.

I been there twice, the first time go with tulan, SG, and TY. Tulan has a post on his webblog. I go second time with family and took a few shoots.

The pricing and operating hours
Brunch RM78++ *Promo Price RM68++
11:30am - 1.40pm (weekdays)
11.00am - 2.00pm (weekends)

Lunch RM68++ *Promo Price RM58++
1:40pm - 4.20pm (weekdays)
2.00pm - 4.20pm (weekends)

Dinner RM88++ *Promo Price RM78++
5:00pm - 9.30pm (weekdays)
5.00pm - 9.30pm (weekends)

Supper RM78++ *Promo Price RM68++
9:30pm - 2.00am (weekdays)
9.40pm - 2.00am (weekends)

The ambient is great, the food was so so. Some of the foods are too salty, JOGOYA need to improve on the quality control. I do taste different compare the first time and second time.


Section for salad and hand rolled sushi


Display area for grilled food. There are some sample of grill fish, prawn, squid, crab, beef, chicken and etc.





Soup section, can choose from chicken or tom yum soup, pick your ingredient, crabs, prawn, fish and vege.


Dim Sum just next to the soup section, to be frank.. it's suck!


Sample for skewers


Teppanyaki


Juices and ice cream


Fresh juices and smooties


Thai Coconuts, I love this, the size is just nice. :)




Dessert looks nice.



Sashimi: salmon, tuna, scallop, squid, and otopus, but I don't eat any of these.



Sushi, I don't eat this either.


Ok, enough for the display items.. let's see what I had for lunch.




Fresh Oyster


Seafood Tom Yum soup

Xiao Long Bao (小笼包). Very bad. no soup inside. Have you ever taste a xiao long bao with no soup? Don't ever try this.

Dumpling.


Tempura shrimps, scallops, fish fillets

Pan fries fish


Fries prawn with salt


Chilli crab, not really like it

Snails in chinese style. I took 8 pieces for photo shooting, I just ate one only.

Teriyaki Chicken, it's too salty.

Beef, black pepper style

Grilled beef, it's nice..



Enough for food, if photos above do appetize you, here is the disgusting one.. hehehehehe Urine bowl full with ice, wtf??!!! Yes! it's cool right?
No one should take photo in toilet, hopefully I don't get caught because of this :p


Shot the ice!


Technorati Tags:

Posted by whistler at 11:44 AM  

17 comments:

war.... look so professional... sure very expensive... wanna try arr....

*thanks for adding my link in your page ^^

Anonymous said...
3/02/2006 9:34 PM  

not really expensive in fact. Promotion price from RM58++ ~ RM78++ depend on the time you go.

whistler said...
3/03/2006 10:56 AM  

jagoya pwned!!!! going again this weekend wanna go anot ??

Wingz said...
3/06/2006 1:01 PM  

the food .. all looks nice.. worth it ma?

Alicia said...
3/06/2006 1:54 PM  

I'm not a fan of buffet dinning actually.. but then if you compare the price and the food, it's worth it. Hotel buffet wont' charget these cheap for similar food you see.

whistler said...
3/06/2006 2:11 PM  

Xiao Long Bao(小笼包) mostly is no soup 1 de. Its 1 kind of dim sum de. Esquire kitchen Xiao Long Bao(小笼包) also no provide soup. i never eat b4 Xiao Long Bao(小笼包) that got soup de.

Anonymous said...
3/24/2006 9:21 AM  

anonymous: I'm sorry to tell you, you have been cheated! A real Xiao Long Bao should have soup inside. I agreed that you can order Xiao Long Bao and Shanghainese dimsum restaurant, but not Esquire kitchen, Esquire kitchen is one of the "dark shop" to cheap ppl. Check out my other post on the real Xiao Long Bao here.

whistler said...
3/24/2006 10:46 AM  

I'm sorry, i didn't know Esquire kitchen is one of the "dark shop". I just know sometimes their food quality is worse. Anyway, thanks for the info. Will aware about it. Thanks.
Will try out real Xiao Long Bao at the restaurant that u intro.

Anonymous said...
3/25/2006 9:25 AM  

epicureo: rite, again check my other post on xiao long bao here

whistler said...
3/29/2006 5:18 PM  

i juz tried to9..d food ther not realy gd actually..sum were juz too salty..ther was oni 1 thing tat attracted me..Movenpick ice cream..i preferred strawberry flavour..overall..juz disapointed bout it..dis wil b my 1st yet my las time too..

Anonymous said...
4/02/2006 10:49 PM  

exactly like what I say, too salty. Jogoya suffer from the quality consistency, some time is good and some time is bad.

I like the vanilla flavour ice cream ;)

whistler said...
4/02/2006 10:53 PM  

i been there twice too, i agree with what pasankia said some food is abit salty no Q.C, but overall jogoya still is the best buffet in malaysia for me !

Anonymous said...
5/27/2006 8:09 PM  

I am new in k.l.
Anyone kindly give recommendation on nice buffet dim sum in town?? and second , nice japanese buffet in town?
Best if can get a good deal for the selection. thanks so much.

SAvoury !

Anonymous said...
6/24/2006 1:14 PM  

jj : I'm not a fan of buffet, neither fan of Japanese food.. For japanese buffet, ppl tell me there is not at Wisma UOA2, something like sasaki(I never been there). Jogoya at StarHill, you can see some of the picture above and blogs from other blogger.

Dim Sum, I've no idea. I know Park Royal serve dimsum buffet.

whistler said...
6/26/2006 4:53 PM  

Tried Sasaki b4, but food quality and taste is only so-so... don't recommend to try.

Anonymous said...
7/13/2006 4:56 PM  

they actually allow u to take pics of their food displayed?
the last time i did that, the girl at Jogoya Taichung told me that it's not allowed to snap pics of the food displayed there. :(

Unknown said...
7/08/2007 4:43 AM  

i love those picture. very nice

assamlaksa said...
4/07/2008 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment